Plz Kiss Me or Kill Me – Book Review
Review of “Plz kiss me or kill me” by Mihir Raj
It was a sweet accident to find the book while searching for another book. The prologue drove me inside the story like every book.
Plz Kiss Me or Kill Me is a debut novel by Mihir Raj from a medical background. He is pursing his Post graduation at Russia. Chetan’s novels had given a glimpse of IITs and IIMs and this novel gives the lifestyle at DIMS. This book is already in India’s Best Seller.
Plot of the Novel:
The novel is about three friends and their love. It begins with Raj getting admission to the dream college with great difficulty. He meets his roommate Robin while the later is being ragged by college seniors. Raj and Rahul are already friends as Raj stays at Rahul’s house as a paying guest until he gets hostel room. The three become good and thick friends as the days progress. Miserable ragging is on until the fresher’s party. Robin always gets in trouble with their seniors.
Shivani is Rahul’s childhood friend and is in love with Rahul since early childhood. She works in a office where the manager is a womanizer. Shivani becomes a good friend to Raj and Robin. This part of Shivani converting her friends into brothers is well depicted. Rahul avoids Shivani for some reason and when the friends find the real reason, they are shocked. Slowly,Rahul revovers and Shivani’s love is accepted .
In the mean time Raj gets introduced to a senior Charu and goes crazy for her. Since Robin also likes her, there is a roadblock in their relation for an year. Charu is a studious girl and stands first in her batch. Raj later gathers guts and proposes to her. Charu asks for a trial love. She torments Raj at some stage and finally goes with some other plan. The stubbornness of Raj’s love creates irritation to the reader, but later turns to into sympathy. Finally enter another interesting character. Ankita, the professor. But Robin without knowing her to be a professor, promises his friends to woo her and marry her. Robin impresses Ankita, though being his professor and whether she accepts him or not is the rest of the story.
What happens between the three couples forms the novel. Few twists and happenings around them makes the novel.
For quite few reasons this novel can be close to heart for the reader. Point one the college life would bring nostalgia about their college life. Point two the reader would have either personally or heard about any one of the love in his/her yesteryear.
Attractions in the novel:
* The Blurbs in the back cover were excellent, it invites the reader to grab the book. Excellent work.
* Relationship of Shivani with Robin and Raj well depicted. True brotherhood
* The medical college lifestyle. Already Chetan has given the glimpses of IIM and IIT lifestyle.
* Shivani’s innocent love for Rahul
* Raj’s mad love for Charulatha
* Ankita’s characterization
* Handling of delicate issue of Rahul. The treatment was very casual.
* Free flowing writing of the author.
Few of observations that could have been overcome
* Lots of conversations. Though the conversations are very much necessary in few chapters, the book was full of conversation. A description could have easily explained the mood of the situation.
* I guess that each episode/chapter was written in a different mood . The same character behaves differently esp with the choice of words.
* The word ‘Muslim Organization’ could have been avoided. It creates a wrong impression.
* The climax part of Rahul describing the incidents could have been more elaborate. One could feel that it was rushing towards the end clearly.
* Few Hindi dialogues
* Proof reader should have worked more
* Chapter titles were bit boring. Even without them they would have been better.
Though it was an unusual end its definitely a feel good novel.
All the best to Mihir Raj for his future literature works, career and dreams.
(Note : One of the first attempt to give a review in English. While talking with Mihir Raj i promised to give a review in English. Mihir i have kept my promise. All the best)